Monday, October 24, 2011

Running in Circles

The Circle of Life, that is!

Musically speaking, I've been on a bit of a Lion King binge lately. And it is baaad. I'm not just humming the main songs like "I Just Can't Wait to be King" and "Hakuna Matata", but I've been humming the instrumental ones as well! Seriously!

You know the song that plays at the end when Scar is dead and Simba is taking his epic walk up Pride Rock? I've been humming that one. And then when Johnny got sick of me humming that, I started humming the music Simba runs to across the desert as he returns to the Pridelands (which, coincidentally, is on the same track as the other one when you listen to the cd).

I've got Lion King fever and I've got it bad.

Lucky for me Disney has come out with Lion King 3d and all the theaters are playing it - but I hate 3D. And I have parents who own a perfectly good VHS copy of the Lion King and I have stolen borrowed a perfectly good DVD/VHS player from my parents. Which brings me to my predicament:

Do I see the movie in 3D or on VHS in the comfort of my own home?

It'd be cool to see the Lion King on the big screen, but it's in 3D. It'd be less cool to see the Lion King at my place, but it'd be infinitely more comfy. When it comes down to it, I think my decision will have to be to watch it at home. Want to know why? It's free. And my desire to save 10 bucks is far greater than my desire to be cool. Saving money is cool, isn't it?

Shoutout to Trudy, whose recent disney flavoured post inspired this one. But when you think about it, I may have inspired her with my ridiculous disney flavoured comment on one of her entries... So really, the shoutout goes to me for inadvertently inspiring the girl who inspired me.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! Awesome :D Hows about we share your shoutout ;)

    ReplyDelete