Monday, July 18, 2011

Time to Destress

Okay, not to be one of those girls that can't stop announcing how close her wedding is to everyone she knows just to get a reaction out of them, but --

-- HOLY CRAP I'm getting married in less than a month!

At this point I am excited, nervous and stressed beyond belief. It's not even the wedding itself that I'm stressing about. It's finding a place for us to live! As August 16th draws closer and closer, I'm running out of time to find us a place of our own.

I don't think I have ever been so worked up over something in my life. In fact, a couple weeks ago I think I had a slight melt down - I was terrified to call people about rentals. I would actually sit and stare at the phone, dreading the task I was given to do. I felt comepletely helpless and miserable.

Thank goodness for ice cream. And Amy. If I didn't spend some quality time with that girl one friday night eating oreo and cookie dough - brownie ice cream while we watched 13 Going on 30, I may not have snapped out of it. It's amazing what a late night vent session with ridiculous amounts of dairy can do for a person.

Since that night I've been on the go calling house after house and setting up appointments with them, trying to find a place for Johnny and I. I'm still waiting for the right one, but we've made progress, people! Though, I definitely do think I'll be due for another ice cream night soon. We've still got two half-full tubs of ice cream to get through!

So moral of the story kids: Don't wait for someone to notice your distress and save you. Sometimes you need to reach out because hey, maybe they've had a bad day too.

1 comment:

  1. So exciting though! Good luck with finding a place <3!
    (I love snoopy) ;>

    ReplyDelete