Tuesday, July 5, 2011

A Page from Trudy's Book

My friend and fellow blogger, Trudy, loves to share random facts acout herself at the end of her posts. They're pretty cute and funny and today I was inspired to share something random about me.

I'm not sure if a lot of people know this, but while Johnny is away at work, we call each other every night before he goes to bed. So if I was ever supposed to hang out with you in the evening and I don't end up getting there til late, you know why.

Anyway, in one of these phone calls I made a discovery about myself: I hate awkward phone silences. If I am on the phone and there is more than three seconds of silence between me and the other person, I will always make some sort of noise either by clearing my throat or humming or just straight up talking.

So when Johnny discovered this little tid bit about me he immediately capitalized on it. When I would say something, he made sure he took forever before he said anything. Sometimes I'd try to keep myself from being the first to break the silence, but I would literally start to hyperventilate a little or just start giggling out of sheer anxiety. I'm retarded!

However, in real life, I don't care about silences because most of them aren't awkward. If I'm comfortable enough with you, I don't mind there being a few minutes of silence between us. It's just something about a phone call that makes silences all the more awkward for me...

No comments:

Post a Comment