Saturday, January 15, 2011

In the Blink of an Eye

You know what this world needs?

Superpowers.

Actually, no. There's too much speculation that people would abuse their powers for evil, so the world doesn't need superpowers.

But I need superpowers.

You know what superpower would be awesome to have?

Teleportation. And I'm not just saying that because my boyfriend is currently living 6 hours away from me for his new job training. (And that, my friends, is a lie)

But seriously, I would save so much time if I could teleport wherever I want without freaking people out. I'd never have to worry about travel time any more. All I'd have to do is make sure that I'm ready at the time that I need to be someplace and at that exact time, I just poof myself in.

I would never be late for anything ever again! I could easily poof back and forth between my house and school in between classes whenever I want. It'd be like walking from my room to the bathroom. Except I would have to make sure I'm dressed properly before I walk out my door.

Have you ever forgotten something you need, but don't want to go get it because it would take too much time to go back for it? You know, you just get on the road for your big vacation and you realize you forgot your toothbrush, but it's too late now cause you've already been on the road for an hour so you'll just have to buy one at the nearest Walmart. That wouldn't be a problem with teleportation. All you'd have to do is poof yourself back to your house, grab your toothbrush, poof back and you'd be good to go.

I'm forgetting things all the time. It's never worth it to go out of my way to get whatever it is I need, so I just learn to deal with out it. But with teleportation, I'd never have to "deal with it" ever again.

Forget my wallet? Piece of cake, I'll just poof back to my house, grab my wallet and I'm back in thirty seconds.

In the middle of baking a cake and there's no eggs? Easy peasy lemon squeezy! I'll just poof out to the store, buy some eggs and be back in no time.

Craving lemonade? Don't have any lemons? Simple, I can poof out to a lemon grove and get myself freshly squeezed lemonade in a matter of minutes.

If you could have any superpower, what would you want? In the past I've always been partial to the classic super strength and flight, but right now teleportation has really caught my eye. And I don't know why. (Again, another lie)

No comments:

Post a Comment