Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I Liiiiiiive!

So tell me what the problem is, Great Ancestor. Just say the word and I'm there. If anyone messes with our family, vengeance will be mine!!!

Okay, enough of that tangent.

I bet you guys thought I'd abandoned you, didn't you? Well - in way I did. You see, I vowed to keep my laptop use to a minimum over the Christmas break so I could spend some quality time with family and friends. But you forgive me right? You knew deep down in your heart of hearts that I would be back someday, right? There was that little blip I left you on Boxing Day, that was a nice surprise, wasn't it? All that matters now is that I'm back and I promise I'll try to be better - unless I forget. Or if school gets totally crazy. Or the world comes to an end.

But anyway, I hope all of your Christmases treated you well. And I hope your 2011's are going well so far. My year started out pretty good. Until I had to say an early goodbye to my bestie, Selina, who went back to Utah before school started. But here's the kicker, Johnny got a job with some big shot oil company and they need him to go up to Edmonton for training for SIX WEEKS. So he left a week after Selina left me. I never thought I'd do a long distance relationship, but I don't think this one will be so bad because there is a definite end to his awayness.

Moving on... (No you will NOT see a mopey girlfriend on this blog!)... I've started school again and I think my classes will be a lot more challenging than last semester. However, there is one class that I am totally stoked about. And that class is yoga. I had my first yoga class yesterday and as we started doing some beginner's poses, I had such a hard time concentrating. My mind was thinking about the next class I had to go to, what I did at FHE the night before, Johnny, when I was going to buy my textbooks, anything but the class. But eventually my mind calmed down and I relaxed. I stopped worrying, stopped planning and stopped thinking. And then I fell asleep. I couldn't help it, I mean, she gave us blankets for goodness sake! I bet she has students fall asleep in her class all the time.

Either way, I must say, my yoga class is going to be an excellent start to my day every Tuesday and Thursday.


PS: 100 cool points to whoever can name the movie I quoted at the beginning of my blog.

3 comments:

  1. Totally Mulan. That line was delivered by the small red lizard, but my heart belongs to the lucky cricket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Hawley. You are now in the running to becoming one of my coolest blog readers. ;P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dragon not lizard I don't do that tounge thing!

    Jonny.

    ReplyDelete