Monday, July 26, 2010

Concerts, Blood and Farewells

I've been meaning to write something lately, but have been stuck trying to decide what to talk about. Then it hit me: I just had an awesome weekend, let's talk about that.

Friday was a good day. I was in need of some sound advice and counsel that morning because of something that had happened the day before. I didn't know where else to turn so I texted my good buddy, Brent. He called me as soon as he had the chance and we had a good heart to heart. He expressed how much he cared about me and made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I love that guy. He is the big brother I never had. While I was babysitting The Kids for the last time, Johnny came over and he also made me feel better. I have got some awesome people in my life and I am so grateful for them. After work, Johnny and I went over to McFLY's to chill for a bit before we went out to Magrath to see a concert. Air Raid Anthem was the band we saw and I must say, they put on a good show (it helped that the drummer was really pretty and took his shirt off halfway through the performance). If you decide to check them out, you should have a listen to their Tik Tok cover (Johnny's favourite) and a song called Unsolved Hystories (my favourite). After the concert our new friend, Snowman, came over to McFLY's house and we had a fun "girl's night" with me, McFLY and Snowman. We had lots of fun getting to know him while we cooked food, swapped stories and did facial masks.

Friday may have been good, but Saturday was perfection. I'd slept over at McFLY's, so together we walked back to my house and then went to donate blood with KTJ. Denise was there as well and I am happy to report that we all made full donations. McFLY donated for the first time, KTJ filled a bag for the first time, Denise finally made it past the iron test and I beat my record for the fastest donation time with 4 minutes and 19 seconds. We were all so proud of ourselves. After our fantastic performance at the blood clinic, KTJ, McFLY and I went out to the air show to check out the planes and guns and men in uniform. It was a beautiful day to be out in the sun and I got so brown =3 After the show, we went to DQ and got some ice cream. It was then that I parted ways with them to go with Johnny and hang out with B&C. Since I had just talked to Brent the day before, I was excited to see them. We just chilled with them for an hour or so and then went out to Raymond for a goodbye bonfire for Gingy. Gingy leaves for his mission on the 4th of August and I am going to miss him. The group will not be the same without him. Johnny and I came home from the bonfire around 11 and then went for a walk. It was fun; whenever we came to a turn in the road or anything, we flipped a coin to decide which way to take. Sometimes we vetoed the coin whenever we saw somewhere we wanted to go down the street. It made for a pretty goood walk. Try it sometime.

Sunday was probably my favourite day out of this weekend because the whole lot of us spent it together. I'd slept in that morning, so when Johnny came early to pick me up to go to Raymond, I got ready in half an hour. I was quite proud of myself. In Raymond, Gingy gave his last talk and we were all there to support him. After the meeting we went to his house and had some great food and some fun times just being together. When we came back to Lethbridge, we didn't just want to sit around inside while the sun was shining gloriously outside, so we went to Hendersen and had a relaxing time at the park.

This weekend was perfect. I am so grateful for the awesome group of friends I've found and I love the support we have for each other. I know that with this bunch, many more perfect weekends are sure to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment