Thursday, February 5, 2015

5 thoughts on the 5th

Wow I didn't post anything in January.

I am a horrible person. Please forgive me. To make up for it, I will blog at least twice in February. (Ha! I'm already halfway there)

Let's see, today is the 5th, so I am going to share 5 thoughts with you.

1. I am loving this mom thing a lot more than I expected to. Not that I was dreading it or anything, but staying at home with Astrid and taking care of the house is more fulfilling than I thought. I thought I would be dying to get back to work, but really, I could go without it. Right now I'm just working a couple days a week for a couple hours at a time, but I'm just waiting for them to hire someone to fully replace me so that I'm not needed there anymore.

2. I have zero decoration skills. And my organization skills are lacking. I need to hire my own personal Martha Stewart so I can get my house pinterest worthy. Or at least worthy enough that I can bring someone into a room without saying "excuse the mess."

3. I am sooo done with winter, but it's only February :( I want to take Astrid outside to explore the world! Instead we just have to settle for books and blankets. My toes haven't been warm since before we moved into our house. To cope, I've had at least one cup of hot chocolate or Milo everyday. I'm sure that's healthy.

4. I've started working out again! Hooray! I downloaded the Johnson & Johnson 7 Minute Workout app and it's great to get me started. My push ups are pretty pathetic these days and my cardio is a joke so I've got my work cut out for me. I know I won't be rugby ready for this summer, but I'm totally looking forward to playing some touch at least!

5. My mom and sister are coming to visit in over a week! Now that I have a baby my family wants to visit all the time, it's great! Where was this last year when I was totally homesick?!

And now for the only thing people really care about these days: my baby!

She loves her swing. Thanks, Auntie Katee and Uncle David!

All smiles!

Her lovely church dress from one of my coworkers. 

Me and Astrid!

Supah cute

3 comments:

  1. Hey gal, loving your updates and photos of baby Astrid. Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blogs, Nani! Can't wait to see ALL of you next weekend! In my defence we both worked so two days driving would have eaten up visits altogether! Glad you're able to be home! YaY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Blog & beeeeutiful pictures

    ReplyDelete